- Boot the machine from Windows XP bootable CD.
- At the setup screen, select R to repair using Recovery Console.
- Now the console program will prompt you to select the Windows folder (eg. C:\WINDOWS) where the Windows is installed (you need to enter a number from the list of folders shown to you).
- Type 'HELP' (without single quotes) and press enter for available commands. This is like a DOS program, but some features are not available.
- Change the current directory to the user's directory where you want to backup.
- Type 'CD "C:\Documents and Settings\X"' (without single quotes) and press enter. Where X is the username.
- Now the current directory will change to "C:\Documents and Settings\X".
- Now change the directory to Desktop by entering 'CD Desktop' (without single quotes) and press enter to go to the desktop folder.
- Type 'DIR' (Without single quotes) and press enter, you will be listed all the available files in Desktop.
- Type 'COPY a.doc D:\BACKUP' (without quotes) and press enter, where a.doc is a file available in Desktop and the folder D:\BACKUP available to copy the files.
- As in step 7,8,9,10 you can backup other folders like "My Documents", "My Music", etc.
- Note that you cannot use wildcards for COPY. I.e, you cannot copy all the files in a folder at once. You must copy one file by one.
- (Before doing this, try changing the password to blank so that you can access the data from another machine to easily drag and drop to copy your data.)
You are here : Home / Computer Related / Access the data of a password protected User in windows XP IN case the PC fails to BOOT
Oct 3, 2008
Access the data of a password protected User in windows XP IN case the PC fails to BOOT
4/ 5Oleh Mahesh Kumar
About Invert Grid
Invert Grid is a responsive and SEO Friendly blogger template.
Subscribe via email
Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.
Previously we discuss about how to download Youtube video and some softwares. If you want to download videos for other site like Google vi...
Unix/Linux Command Reference - Cheat sheet From: FOSSwire.com Download
Requirments: You Know your Friend IP Address And following BAT file as follows 1) Open Notepad and insert following code on it. @e...
In case your Windows 7 System fail to boot because of system missing file follow the following steps. Note: It only fix in case of boot ...
It is one of the problem to the blogs to put the multiple titles to there posting for that you can add the following code to you templ...
Specially focused on classes and identifiers that most of blogger templates use. Using this guide requires at least basic knowledge on CSS a...
I had a website.I want to share a file or files size of 1-10GB. It occupies my webspace and bandwidth and slowdown the website loading and ...
YouTube deletes videos for different reasons and if a video gets deleted you will see the message "We’re sorry, this video is no longe...
Source: http://wallpaperswide.com/ Download: http://wallpaperswide.com/abbreviation-wallpapers.html
- ► 2011 (49)
- Know about different viruses(adware,trojans,spywar...
- GUADI:Google Audio Indexing from google labs
- My Four softwares for Security and better Performs...
- Free Linux CD absolutely free of cost from some co...
- Access the data of a password protected User in wi...
- Windows Cloud OS Release with in a month
- Foofle.com(lot of fun)
- ▼ October (7)